Friday, February 18, 2011

The weeks not over yet... right?

This week, there was no room for Bollywood in my life - how can that possibly happen? Well, I try to ask myself this question, and I instantly find some reasons - which I'll share with you in this post.
I assume the real question is: Are my reasons admissible, or am I betraying my beloved Hindi film industry? Let's get an overview:

Under which pretexts did you leave the Indian film industry out alone this week?
For my defense: I did watch a tiny fragment of Bollywood this week - on Monday, I watched the end of No One Killed Jessica, as I was to tired to watch the whole film on Sunday.
However on...

... Monday, I was too tired after having ballet class from 18:30 till 20:00 and I also didn't want to be too tired next day. The afternoon was spent doing homework and stuff like that.

This is not what you think, Shahid
... we're just friends!
.... Tuesday, I, well, I had to watch How I Met Your Mother with my sister. We're trying to watch all seasons from the beginning and we're only at the 16th episode of season 1. I mean, we have a long way to go. Don't you think this is approved?

... Wednesday, we got our new Wii, so we had to try everything out. And then, as every Wednesday, the latest episode of Desperate Housewives was broadcasted. You must understand, that I really didn't have any time at all that day.

... Thursday, I needed to finish my book A Place Called Freedom (Ken Follett) and then hurried to ballet class, got into shower, ate - and before I knew, it was 9 o'clock p. m. (I was planning on watching my newly bought copy of Shahrukh-ki Deewana that evening, though).

... Friday, hey! That's today. Funny, how fast a week can go, isn't it. Yeah, so, how do I say this...? Don't think that I rate Hollywood higher than you, Bollywood, but there are only 9 days left until Oscar Night (I mean it: Night - how I hate the time difference). What I'm trying to say is: I'll spend this friday evening/ night seeing the most popular and recommended Oscar nominees. Now don't deliver any overhasty judgements and let me defend myself first: I have seen nearly all Filmfare nominees and winners, so even though I haven't seen the actual award ceremony, I'm on the right path. Please give me your blessings, Bollywood, will you?

I might never know the answer, but I feel that what I did was the right thing and there's no reason for convicting me. The week's not over yet, and I might watch one or two Indian films tomorrow. Maybe. And even if not, next week lies ahead. Also, I've written quite a few mini-reviews on my recent views, so you can look forward to my next post. A little hint: Rockstar-Rani in NOKJ and my odd, unexpected sympathy for that film called... something with Khan... and some Farah'os...?

Thank you for reading,
Mette M. K.


PS: I hope you don't take my trains of thoughts too serious.
PPS: "Trains of thoughts" - what a nice, picturesque expression, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Ahem... au contraire, dear Mette, I take trains (of thoughts or otherwise) very seriously, and if I may, I raise an objection to Wednesday's excuses! Really? The wii and and Desperate Housewives??? No no, that will not work.

    Really, I understand that the wii gives you exercise and what not, which a regular movie doesn't, but consider replacing it with a 90s Bollywood film where you would get plenty of exercise from slapping the couch in bewilderment, pointing and laughing, launching your fists towards the TV when there is a sexist or abusive moment (and that would be a lot), and you practically have your entire wii workout mirrored. As a bonus, if it's a Madhuri movie you can even get up and dance!
    Now to replace your Desperate Housewives, may I suggest a classic like KANK or even K3G where you will find the same type of hysterical characters and pissed off people. Not that I've ever seen DH, but that's kind of how I imagine them to be.
    So, no excuses, next week you must find a way to include Bollywood in your busy week. :) I motion for only ballet class to be considered more important, because dancing is indeed the most wonderful thing in life.

    Just in case you wanted someone else's opinion, which I'm almost certain you... didn't :) But I gave it to you anyway, cuz I'm generous like that :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your generosity!
    Well, KANK and K3G do come close to Desperate Housewives, but the problem about those films is: They're just not hysterical and intriguing enough!

    I will try to include a little more BW in my next week (though I have watched Monsoon Wedding yesterday ;) - is that even a Bollywood?).

    ReplyDelete

Let the discussion begin!