Thursday, January 5, 2012

Introducing two brand-new features...


It was somewhat a coincidence, that the first two films I would watch this year are the currently most popular film (according to the IMDB), and the film that is currently on top of my 100 Favorite Films list.
My first thought was: I have to write about these two. 

Slowly, an idea began taking shape in my mind... why not re-watch all of my current favorite films? It has been so hard to put the list together, and I'm still not a 100% sure if I really rated the films the way I would rate them if I had seen them recently. Because, as we all know, tastes change during time.
And why not... why not try to watch and re-watch the current most popular films of all time? It's only 250 pieces, not as overwhelming as the famous 1001 I'm working on too. And most certainly, a lot of the most popular films must also be included in the Bible of Films, don't they?

I know I won't be able to do this in one year, except if I stop watching any new releases and other unknown films. This is a project that will take time, but I'm willing to try. 
Challenge accepted, as Barney would say (what, you don't know who Barney is?! ...well, this is neither the time nor the place).

By the way, don't expect (or fear) over-long ramblings about current or new favorites, or films that I can't believe people would like. Most of the posts will be of a rather short length, considering the quantity of films I will be writing about - I need to have time to watch, too. Oh, and leisure time of course. Which is the time when I watch movies. Okay, then... time when my friends, family or teachers would like to either see me or see me doing something that is important.

I think I will write a lot of "x thoughts on..." sort of posts. I can also already tell you that I probably won't be able to properly review my nr. 1 favorite, but I'll think of something. 
Another thing that is more or less luckily related to my Discovery of 100 Favorite Films, is that I'll try buying a lot of the DVDs that I don't own yet. Lucky, because I will have more good DVDs, and the makers of my favorite films will earn money... unlucky because I'll have to spend money on it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the new features, and are ready to come with me on this journey.
PS: Some kind of 2011 retrospect post or post series is also coming up, so keep an eye out.


6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the new features. It's always nice to go back and discuss previously seen movies, I think people will like these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did have a similar idea about my top 100. Maybe you'll inspire me to actually try it out.
    All the best- looking forward to the new features :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really looking forward to the new features! You always have the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is a great idea that I should consider. There are a lot of my favorite films missing from my blog because I've been concentrating so hard on the ones I haven't seen yet.

    Anyways I am excited to read your upcoming posts on yours and others favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great idea, I'm looking forward to read about your favorite films! And I love Barney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Castor - I hope so, thanks.
    I haven't been good at re-watching favorites the last year, and it's something I miss. A film can be so different each time you watch it.

    Nikhat - If you do, that would be wonderful, I love hearing about people's favorite films. Good criticism isn't always bad criticism.

    Gaja Gamini - Thank you!

    Bonjour Tristesse - Exactly, that's what I feel, too.
    Also, when I look at the index of my reviews, I see a lot of films I didn't actually like or at least don't love.

    Maria Sofia - Thanks, I'm looking forward to re-watching and re-discussing them with myself.
    Barney is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Let the discussion begin!