Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Award season's started

12 days to the Golden Globes and... a few?... days until Oscar nominations will be out.
However, while catching up on all those Award-related films, here's an award that truly made me feel the season's started:


The Versatile Blogger Award was awarded to me by the splendid and lovely Ruth from the splendid and lovely blog known as "... let's be splendid about this".

Wow, it's been such a long time since I last received a blogging award. I remember the first time I almost freaked out. Now I'm "just" happy and honoured.
The rules are:
  • Display the award certificate on your website
  • Announce your win with a post and inclue a link to whoever sent you the award
  • Present fifteen awards to deserving bloggers
  • Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off
  • Post seven interesting facts about yourself


I have a lot of other post ideas, so let's just make this short, shall we... (wow, that sounded snobby).

  1. I don't know whether my hair is still dyed or not. I dyed it with Henna a couple of months ago, and it looked lovely yet not very different from my natural hair colour. I like it the way it is now though.
  2. I think my expectations about men/ boys are too high (look-wise) because I watch so many movies.
  3. My favourite fashion brand is still, and will perhaps always remain, Chanel. Of course I can't afford any of their stuff, except for perfumes.
  4. Many people say I look funny when I run, but I've gotten used to that and just laugh because I like running.
  5. The next book I'm going to read is called "What's natural sciences". I love mathematics and biology, but due to bad teachers I have something against chemistry and physics.
  6. I just started learning Japanese, but I'm not sure whether I'm too lazy to continue seriously.
  7. On new year's eve, I had a long talk with a guy about ice cream. There's just such a vast difference between cream-based and sorbet ice - most people tend to only like one of the two kinds.


So, here are some fifteen blogs that I think are very versatile - and I hope you don't get nominated a hundred times everyone, I tried to give it to people that haven't been nominated yet.

  1. Dan from Public Transportation Snob
  2. John from The Droid You're Looking For
  3. Rissi from Dreaming Under the Same Moon
  4. Emil from A Swede Talks Movies
  5. Amir from Amiresque
  6. Vinitha from As I Muse...
  7. Gaja Gamini from Bollywood-ish Blog
  8. Dirtywithclass from Dirty With Class
  9. Maria Sofia from FilmFLARE
  10. Carla from Filmi Geek
  11. Andina from Inspired Ground
  12. Wilde.Dash and M from Love and Squalor
  13. Ness from Shahrukh is Love
  14. Tyler from Southern Vision
  15. Jessica from The Velvet Café

Compiling this list just took me 45 minutes, so I hope you're all happy... and if I missed someone, please don't be sad - 15 is a lot, but it's also a little.

Happy award season everyone!

17 comments:

  1. Haha, my standards and expectations on guys have definitely been destroyed by movies, I'm with you. Thanks for passing this my way, I've got a lot of blogging to catch up on this award season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, well... perhaps some day I'll just fly over to Hollywood and try to find a guy over there.
      You're welcome :)

      Delete
  2. there is definitely a huge difference between sorbet and ice cream, yes. I'd say my expectations are high look-wise and every-other-wise! So if I ever end up alone and shower-less, I'll blame movies.

    Thanks for the award, and congrats on receiving one too, Mette! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, don't you think? But I like both... it depends on the situation.
      Man, what have movies done to us? haha.

      Delete
  3. I have unreachable standards and I'm a bit racist towards Indian guys and I'm not much of a looker so if I do meet someone of my standard, I wouldn't be of their standards and basically the 'Forever Alone' meme was made for me.

    That must have been a v. interesting talk. My favourite ice cream is raspeberry sorbet though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are? I actually like Indian guys although... I've never really met any. So perhaps I'm just judging from the actors and other film-related people I've seen.
      Yeah, it was an interesting talk - actually he was kind of cute (stop, this is turning into a girls' talk) - but anyway, I've never tasted raspberry sorbet I think.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the award Mette! Not sure I'm going to send this forward; with 15 recepients math tells us that we'll shortly run out of people to give it to.

    I'm a bit envious about your learning of Japanese. I want to do that too but it seems insanely difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most probably that is the situation lying ahead of us.

      About Japanese, it's not that difficult really, there's basically no grammar ;).

      Delete
  5. I took a Japanese class in high school for a term. It was interesting, but nowhere near enough time to really learn anything. I love languages, but I think my brain ahs reached its limits for that nowadays.

    Thank you for picking me out for the award, Mette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I'm really glad I found your blog a while ago.
      I love languages too, but it's hard to find time and when you have time it's hard to find energy. There are things that are more important to me than learning new languages.

      Delete
  6. "Basically no grammar"? Tut tut, Mette - EVERY language has grammar. :)

    It may not be Indo-European grammar, but as the 2,695 hits for "Japanese grammar" at Amazon alone show, Japanese definitely has grammar! :)

    Great list of blogs too, I look forward to checking out the dozen or so I don't already follow. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know, haha, I just like to exaggerate.
      But I did feel that the Japanese grammar is really easy, especially compared to German (7,722 hits for "German grammar" on Amazon).

      Delete
    2. Since you are (at the very least) tri-lingual, while I struggle with just one, I shall give you a pass, this time. :)

      Delete
  7. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the award, Mette! I am honored. CONGRATS on your awards also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Mette for the award :) So nice of you. I didn't know you love mathematics, I'm pretty used to people hate the subject. Nice to know u a little bit more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I think mathematics are fascinating - not that I'm some talented genius or so, I do have problems with the subject, but I still love it. You just have rules that will make everything turn out "right" and everything is so logical once you understand it.

      Delete

Let the discussion begin!