Saturday, July 13, 2013

Dynamic Duos Blogathon: Charlie Chaplin and Claire Bloom in LIMELIGHT


Originally, I wrote a longer, more insightful post on the relationship between Calvero (Charlie Chaplin) and Terry (Claire Bloom) in Limelight but now at 2AM I find out that it's somehow been deleted by blogger. Well, (sh)it happens.

Briefly, what I had written was how Limelight is my favorite Charlie Chaplin movie because it's so beautiful and thoughtful and amazing, and that I love the various facets of the relationship between the descended star and the ascending star. If, for whatever reason, you haven't seen the movie yet, do so soon. Here's a little sneak peak:



6 comments:

  1. I saw Limelight last month. Didn't love it as much as you did, but was pretty special to see Buster Keaton and Chaplin together, despite both quite old, their piano/violin sequence near the end was probably my favorite scene of movie.
    I also liked the music score for the film. I cared about the characters, who I wanted to see lead a happy life, and that was mainly what kept me watching. A bit overlong, and I have to admit I prefer Chaplin's silent comedies as the tramp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize that was Buster Keaton until I read it somewhere, but yeah, it's cool and I liked the scene.
      Chaplin is fantastic at anything he does but I like him a tad more this way than in his classic role as the tramp :)

      Delete
  2. Oh boy, I hate when stuff disappears like you mentioned. Also...I didn`t see a link to a trailer or movie clip... However! This is one I`ve wanted to see for some time and I`m going to check it out ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks for letting me know, something happened to the clip... Hope you'll check out Limelight and thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. I watched this film last year with my grandma and she simply adored Chaplin and Keaton. With Claire he is awesome, too. Recently I watched a bit of the film in a rerun, and I couldn't help but smile.
    Don't forget to read my contribution to the blogathon! :)
    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise to do that as soon as possible (have a podcast to edit tonight but I'll have time tomorrow).
      Glad you liked this movie, it's so cute and beautiful.

      Delete

Let the discussion begin!