Saturday, February 11, 2012

Haiku-Poems About Six 2011-films I Watched Recently

Inspired by the Limerick Reviews Stevee did on a few films she recently saw, I decided to try out some filmic poetry, too. As I caught up with some 2011 hits or non-hits last week, I thought it was fitting to select these and show my reflections in the Haiku poems, because we learned about Haiku poems in school...

Haiku: Haiku is a japanese poem, consisting of three lines (in japanese, there have to be 5-7-5 syllables). The poems are concrete and do not show exact feelings.


Anyway, here we go, before I change my mind:

Carnage

„After the show
it must
go on“


Shor in the City

„In the end
there is
no excuse“

Elle s'appelait Sarah

„At the sea
I do
not find them“

The Dirty Picture

„A silky lotus
floats on
its own“


Limitless

„The balcony,
where your feet
no longer stand“

Delhi Belly

„A car
crashes against
a dustbin“ 


I hope you liked the poetry; I'm afraid it's not as concrete as genuine Haikus are supposed to be, because I tend to be more of a dreamy poet.


18 comments:

  1. Nice post! I love the photos you added to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't just want to use ordinary pictures like always, so I tried to be a little creative :). Glad you and everybody else likes it. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I like it! :D I'm dying to watch Carnage, I love Waltz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love Waltz, you are going to love Carnage, he is incredible in it! (Love him too).

      Delete
  3. I like it. I loved Carnage and Delhi Belly. What did you think of the latter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome! So many people said that it was just an attempt at being funny, and that India still has to go a long way, but I think it was really, really good.
      And oh my God, Imran looks hotter than ever as a "bad boy", haha.

      Delete
  4. I'm so jealous you and Nikhat have seen Carnage already! I'm dying to see it, it's not out yet.
    The Haiku's are quite beautifully written - 'dreamy' as you put it :) The last time I wrote a Haiku was in school, for a class exercise. I have no talent with poetry! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? It has been out here since October, but I only watched it now because it wasn't released in our multiplex, so I had to wait for the repertory release.
      Thank you, Ruth :). I love poetry a lot, but I'm not sure if I'm talented.

      Delete
  5. Aye. Loved this new style.
    And new style of putting up images too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm very happy that you liked it :D.

      Delete
  6. Elle s'appelait Sarah, or Sarah's Key, is really good, among my top 30 films from 2011. I was surprised to see on IMDB it didn't get more nominations and awards!
    Nice job. My least fav of your poems was Delhi Belly, my most fav was the Limitless poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was better than I had thought, but not totally mind-blowing either.
      Thank you :). Have you seen Delhi Belly? Maybe it's hard to understand the poem otherwise.

      Delete
  7. The images here are awesome. I love the B&W with a splash of color. Jealous I didn't come up with it first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually jealous of other people's layouts and images, so thank you very much!

      Delete
  8. I love haikus! And the pictures you put with these are great. I loved Sarah's Key, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw Carnage yesterday, and your haiku fits it perfectly. Haven't seen any of the others, but I like the poems!

    ReplyDelete

Let the discussion begin!